Pork is a versatile and sweet-tasting meat, compatible with many other flavor profiles. There are many options for processing your pork, particularly when you consider Smokehouse selections. Dunbar’s operates an old-fashioned smokehouse (using hickory wood chips from North Carolina) to produce deli-style quality bacon, ham, and smoked sausages.
If you do not know of a local small farm that raises pork, Dunbar’s can source a high-quality and naturally-grown hog for you. Sausage fees do not apply for the hogs sourced by Dunbar’s, making this an especially good option if you like sausage. Paul Dunbar Sr. (“The Sausage Artist”) has been making sausage for over fifty years!
- Sweet Italian and Spicy Italian sausages
- Smoked Kielbasa
- Hickory Smoked Sausage (plain)
- Small Link Breakfast Sausage
- Bulk Sausage (in tube, similar to Jimmy Dean or Bob Evans): Mild Bulk, Hot Bulk (cayenne-pepper spiced), and Southern Sage Bulk
Your pork order will be ready for pickup approximately 3 1/2 weeks after the order is placed. We will call or text you when it is ready.
BACON AND HAM
Dunbar’s Smokehouse produces delicious deli-style bacon and ham, as well as specialties such as smoked pork chops or smoked picnic roasts.
PORK DECISION CHART
2019 Pork Processing Fees for Farmer’s Hogs (and Hunter’s Hogs):
- Domestic Pork: 54 cents per pound based on hanging weight (70 cents per pound for wild boar, plus $25 for skinning)
- Smoked meat is an additional 55 cents per pound
- Large Link Sausages: additional 90 cents per pound (includes Bratwurst, Sweet Italian and Spicy Italian)
- Smoked Kielbasa and Hickory Smoked Plain Sausage are 90 cents per pound plus 55 cents per pound for smoking
- Small Link Breakfast Sausage is additional $1.40 per pound
- Bulk Sausage (Mild, Cayenne Hot, or Southern Sage) is additional 30 cents per pound
- Additional per-head fee of $45 for domestic hogs ($22.50 for a half)